Sunday, September 9, 2012

Surprise Engagement / Housewarming Party

One of my co-workers and great friend, Kirsten, recently got engaged and bought a new house so I and another fellow co-worker, Julie decided it'd be a great idea to throw a surprise party for the two! Prior to my vacation Julie and I got all of the decor prepared and details figured out. Kirsten and Daniel will be getting married next September 14th and their colors will be dark purple and burnt orange so we incorporated these colors into the party.
 

Julie made this cute Love sign out of pictures of the couple.

We made garland with purple/orange scrapbook paper in different sizes and strung it on twine.

Food was all labeled with frames we spray painted purple/orange and used chalkboard paint and chalk.


The most yummy drink!

I had this frame that we spray painted purple and then Julie filled in with their "love" story.

Found these cardboard letters (Kirsten & Daniel) which we also spray painted and added some cute flowers and doilies.

Delicious sugar cookies in the couple's colors, how cute are they?!

Thanks to Cake Face Bake Shop- if you haven't been it's a must try!

The happy couple - Kirsten & Daniel with Patty boy and I

Kirsten, Julie, and I- Great job to Julie!
The party turned out great and I'm looking forward to helping Kirsten along the way this next year as she plans for her big day!
 
Hope you all had a great weekend..I'm NOT looking forward to going back to work tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get back in the swing of things quick though. September is shaping up to be just as busy as August was- here we go.
 
Much Love~
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment