Monday, March 18, 2013

Pumpkin Curry Coconut Cashew Chicken


 

Try saying that 10 times fast.
So I've recently became obsessed with this blog, love the girl, the recipes, and yea pretty much the whole thing. This was our dinner tonight HERE, I was honestly a little skeptical of the all of these flavors mixed together and thought it may be too much of a flavor "overload" but let me just say-- it was delish. I did make a few minor adjustments, simply because I'm a little more pickier with food.
 


PaleOMG- Pumpkin Curry Coconut Cashew Chicken


So what did I cut out? Well, I'm not a huge coconut fan, so left out the cocunut flakes, however, coconut milk is one of my new kitchen staples while cooking. I also didn't have any cauliflower on hand so made a subsitution and served over some grilled sweet potatoes, which = yummo. I loved the addition of the cashews on top, and of course any time I have the use for pumpkin I'm a happy girl.
 
Speaking of pumpkin, my all time favorite smoothie uses pumpkin. Pat and I recently ordered some new protein- cinnamon swirl flavor. Flippin delish, even Pat agreed this was the best protein he has ever used. So... one of the first things I wanted to do was make my fav protein smoothie with my new yummy protein. Holy cow, even better with the cinnamon swirl flavor, it is my new go-to, on the run smoothie.
 
Here are the ingredients I use:
  • 1/3 cup organic pumpkin
  • splash of light coconut milk and splash of water
  • handful of crushed ice
  • 1 scoop cinnamon swirl protein powder
  • 1/2 frozen banana
  • sprinkle of pumpkin spice and cinnamon

Cellucor® COR-Performance™ Series WHEY - Cinnamon Swirl
You can find the protein HERE




 Well, that's it for tonight. Is it Friday yet?????





Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment