Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Pet Peeves

Not much of a purpose for this blog post, just to vent. So we all have pet peeves, right?! Let me share with you- two of my biggest pet peeves... first - people who don't RSVP to things. I'm not sure why people don't find this important anymore, but I find it extremely rude and annoying when people don't RSVP. To me it is polite, respectful, courteous, etc. to RSVP to events you are invited to. After planning a wedding, and now planning my sisters, along with several other parties I've thrown, I'm amazed at the very little RSVP's that come back. I mean how are the hosts supposed to know how much food to cook/order, drinks to make, seats to reserve, etc. when there is not an accurate count of people, isn't that WHY people send invites to begin with???? Uh. So frustrating. Oh and then what really gets me is the people who don't RSVP and then show up, or the ones who say they can't come and then show up, seriously people have a little bit of manners.

Second- people who do not send thank you notes, I'm not sure which I feel is worse, but this could be as equally impolite. I can't tell you the number of times I've attended an event, brought a gift, took my time to go, and never received a thank you, isn't that a simple, nice gesture to show your appreciation??? I'm just amazed at the manners people have sometimes....sigh..oh well that is all.

On a positive note- Patty boy will be home tonight..he's been gone since Sunday for work, Buddy and I miss him much!! Look how sad this guy looks, he misses his daddy!


Much Love~ Amber

2 comments:

  1. Ummm... I totally agree with this post. It drives me CRAZY when people don't RSVP to something. Or, like you said, not RSVP and then show up!! Ugggh! They have obviously never thrown a big event or party with meals, drinks, etc!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG SERIOUSLY I KNOW!! IT AMAZES ME HOW PEOPLE WERE RAISED!

    ReplyDelete