Monday, May 7, 2012

Weekend wraps

5.7.12
So you know how I mentioned I was so excited about my new lawn chair?! Well it definitely got broken in this weekend...that was my plan to lay out Saturday and Sunday and have a nice tan, this pasty white girl was in definite need of some color. So Saturday- 2 1/2 hours later = one RED girl with no tan. What was I thinking???? Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Which then leaves me to Sunday...laying on the couch all day because I could barely move my body, sit down, stand up, etc. Absolutely dreadful. Next weekend (if my burn is gone by then) I'll shoot for an hour tops, with sunscreen. I should have reminded myself that I haven't tanned since our honeymoon, LAST October.

Saturday night was Cort and David's Couple's Shower. One of her bridesmaids Emma hosted the shower and it was perfect. Emma and her husband Jordan outdid themselves! They smoked a ton of meat, we had a baked potato bar, and then seriously never ending sides as well as a candy bar, AND cupcakes oh my! Plus they might as well had a full bar- there was pretty much anything you could ask for. Patty boy decided he needed some moonshine (BAD IDEA). Let's just say I found him on the bathroom floor in the middle of the night. Sheesh...at least one of us is responsible ;) Needless to say, it was a great night and I think Cort and David really enjoyed it! I was a terrible maid of honor and got to the shower and realized my camera was dead...I know bad excuse, because I could have used my phone, but I was too sore from my burn to go find my phone and snap pics. Hope Mom got some!

Speaking of Mom- next Sunday is Mother's Day and I am completely stumped on what to get her, of course she says she wants nothing, and that is no help at all, because of course I'm going to get her something. I'm thinking about getting a huge pot and planting all different kinds of flowers in it, here are a few inspiration pics...we'll see how it turns out. Wish me luck (I'm not much of a gardner)!




Happy Monday!

Much Love~
Amber



1 comment: