Saturday, April 20, 2013

Not in Kansas anymore...

I love my sheltered bubble I live in here in Kansas. After 5 nights in Los Angeles, I definitely was ready to get back to my little world here in Kansas. It's always nice to get away that's for sure, get away from the day to day stress of life, no cleaning/cooking, or worries for the most part. Traveling sure does make me appreciate the little things in life though. It's always nice to get back home and sleep in your own bed again and get back into your normal schedule. 
 
A few things I love of both- okay let's be honest - Kansas does NOT have the best shopping, in fact I'm ashamed to say this state was voted one of the worst dressed states, now of course I don't agree, but we could definitely use some fashion around this place. I love that on every street you turn in LA there is shopping, and every store you could imagine is right at your finger tips.
 
Oh how I miss this store! I could shop in this place ALL day.
 
 
Okay - so I love the Kardashians (I know, I'm pathetic), so of course I had to make an appearance at their store and see what it was all about.


I will say I was a bit disappointed though. Not a big selection and I couldn't even afford .987891 of anything.
 
I also love the fact that those living in LA are so much more into healthier lifestyles, it's everywhere, people are constantly walking, jogging, biking, hiking, rollerblading, etc. There is such a zest for life out there and I LOVE it. Every restaurant you go to has "healthy" options to fit every need- gluten free, low carb, dairy free, vegetarian, organic, grass fed beef, etc. lots of what you can't find here in Kansas. It's more of a norm.
 
 free range chicken curry salad with grilled pineapple and strawberry salad


protein scramble made with egg whites, turkey bacon, spinach, and cheddar cheese
 
A great hike- we went approximately a total of 4 miles, pretty darn good workout!
 
Overlooking Los Angeles




 
Nicest gym at a hotel I've ever seen (it did suck that you had to pay $20, seriously?!).
I would have liked to bring this home with me.
 
 
However, I will say I feel extremely safe in Kansas- there is less crime, I think the people are nicer, at least in my opinion I almost always feel safe. I can take the dog on a walk or go for a run by myself and be just fine. I wouldn't dare do that in LA. I'm sure you become accustomed to it though. It was scary being so far away from home with all of the Boston stuff going on.
 
I also rarely go anywhere in this city where I don't run into somebody I know, for some that may be annoying, but I love it. It's nice running into people, it gives you that small town feel.
 
The cost of living is also way way cheaper. I couldn't afford to live in LA that's for sure. Sheesh things are expensive. How do people survive?
           

Here are some other highlights of the trip


largest farmer's market I've ever been to, awesomeness.



Just out doing some shoppin'


Relaxing outside for lunch and doing some people watching



Hyatt Regency Century Plaza






The Ivy- sadly no celebrity spotting's.
 
 
Not exaggerating, best drink I've ever had, totally worth it's $20. "The Super Model" it was called.


The Ivy- reviews said if you were going to spot a celebrity this was the place to be. Delicious food as well!


Santa Monica Pier

Great weather to be at the beach






Time for more shopping

Walking down Rodeo Dr. never gets old





Another night out on the town

No words necessary

The waitress forgot to put our orders in so free drinks and dessert, why not?!



Love him.




Next up on the list will be a lake trip.
Memorial weekend is right around the corner!




Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. This looks like so much fun and such a different world-we're definitely in a little box here!! Also-found it really funny to see Pat's food choices compared to yours lol healthy salad with french fries in the background :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a fabulous trip!! I too, love Kansas, but find myself dreaming of the weather in Cali way too often.

    ReplyDelete